Monday, December 16, 2013

Long dark winter

 Sunset at around 3 pm in Desember, sunrise at around 09.30 am
I must admit I hate the long dark nights of late autumn and winter. The shorter days go so fast and then the darkness begins.

I really look forward to the winter solstice in December when the light begins returning and we know we have past the shortest day and longest night.

There is the illness known as SAD that stands for “Seasonal Affective Disorder” which is caused by lack of sunlight and causes depression. I am sure I suffer from it.

5 comments:

  1. That's too long nights.
    If I live there, I think I'll suffer from SAD too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here I think I'm also suffering from SAD here in Ireland. I love winter but... Anyways, happy holidays to u and your family!:))
    www.sherrylicious7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Roffe, and to your loved ones as well. I wish I could send you some sunshine from Manila Philippines. Take care always.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your holiday experience....Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your wishes..

    ReplyDelete